Reflection on Our Covid-19 Response
With Christmas on the horizon, new social paradigms like remote working, two-metre distancing, lockdowns and bubbles are still hot discussion points, but as we near the end of the year, we reflect on the strength and perseverance of colleagues within Cordant Services.
Our business has remained financially and operationally strong, achieving phenomenal cash collection results and sales success; implementing a number of major new contracts and growing service provision for multiple clients. Colleague retention has improved which demonstrates the level of bravery and commitment amongst the workforce.
- The adaptability of our cleaners who we diverted from non-essential tasks to join the tram, bus and premises cleaning teams
- Enhanced cleaning of the additional bus service operating for patients, visitors and staff travelling to London’s Nightingale Hospital
- Maintaining upkeep and cleanliness at a London bus depot where 150 ambulance staff were based during the COVID-19 peak
- Supporting with deep cleans at Tunbridge Wells NHS Primary Care Network’s Assessment Centre and Testing Centre
- During the pandemic our service provision has been about more than just keeping spaces clean, it’s been about offering peace of mind, and ensuring the end-user feels safe.
- Business Ingenuity
- We launched an app to record completed tasks and to keep the teams accountable for health, safety and the quality control associated with enhanced cleans
- We managed contract continuity by initiating daily virtual meetings at all levels of the business
- We introduced DocuSign to allow us to novate contract and process sign off virtually.
The pandemic has been a reality check for our clients and us. Cleaning specifications need to evolve to reflect the current pandemic and the prospect of future ones.
COVID-19 encouraged us to reflect on our operation and embrace the power of working from home. Going forward we will reduce mileage and associated spend by utilising technology.